Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving time

I figured I'd dispense with the usual Thanksgiving crap, like asking what's your favorite thing, what are you thankful for, etc. Blah. Blah. Blah. What I've been interested in are new and exciting, or sometimes weird, ways we celebrate the day.

Let's face it, it takes big cajones for a
country to have a holiday devoted to just gorging on food. But, anyway...

Here are some interesting Thanksgiving ideas I saw on Huffingtonpost.

1. Perhaps the weirdest Thanksgiving thing, EVAH. A turkey cake. Yes. You read that
correctly. A turkey cake. Even I wouldn't even try it.







2. White Castle stuffing. A stoner's Thanksgiving delight. Just be wary if they're also serving a
"smoked" turkey. But, sadly, this also sounds sooooooo good. Anyone up for a trip to White Castle?






3. Thanksgiving Pizza. This sounds downright amazing. I want to try this ASAP. It combines
two of my favorite food groups: Pizza and Thanksgiving. Maybe a little ranch dressing to add a little "zip?"






As far as what we're trying this Thanksgiving, here's what's going to be new at our table:
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and Roasted Rosemary Cashews. I don't actually want the mushroom part, just the stuffing. Anything with mascarpone cheese, Italian sausage and carbs has to be good. Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment