Sunday, February 5, 2012

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so they say.

A couple of weeks ago, as part of my main job, I covered a natural gas drilling forum in Sugarcreek. It was very one sided, pro-drilling, and even though I was covering it, I had to somehow present it in my article without it coming off as biased as the forum. So it became a question and answer format article, with several of the questions asked being "answered" by people on the dais.

Here's a link to my article, titled "Drilling for Answers." Not exactly an original title, but I thought it worked.

So fast forward to today. Lo and behold on the daily paper's front page is this, "Drilling for Answers." Not only did it copy my title, but also the format.

Now, my article didn't have big, fancy graphics, but it would have been nice to have seen them choose at least a different title. Oh well, my consolation is that my article was better and first.

No comments:

Post a Comment